CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Weekend in Moab

Last weekend, we went to Moab with my dad, Heather, Denver, Nari, and JR (Denver's mom and step-dad). Rode loves hanging out with JR because he says that he gets to do "man" things. He was especially excited for this testosterone-filled trip and his first rock crawling experience. It was a lot of fun, but personally my favorite part was lunch when both of my feet were on the ground :) We actually didn't do anything difficult, but it feels scary when you're driving over rocks and hills where cars don't usually go.

Take a good look at my father's face... I'm pretty sure his favorite part of the trip was lunch too :)

Along the trail where we had lunch, there were dinosaur tracks. It was pretty crazy to see them imprinted in the solid rock.
This is JR and Belle, their little dog. She rode in this basket strapped to JR's chest while he dirt biked along all of the trails and loved it. Crazy!

After our eventful day of rock crawling, we spent the next afternoon visiting some of the beautiful sites in Canyonlands National Park. We went to Dead Horse Point and Gemini Bridges. Dead Horse Point had wonderful views and Gemini Bridges had two red rock arches that form bridges side by side.

Here is my 24 week picture with some beautiful Moab scenery in the background.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Papa Kane, I miss him so.

Cindi said...

It looks like you had a great time in Moab. It was so fun to see you all this week.

Autumn said...

Katie, what a fun trip!!! It was so fun to see a picture of your cute Dad again. You are the cutest (and smallest) pregnant girl I've ever seen!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I just now found your blog off of steph's page, haha. I'm so slow. You guys look great and wonderful and happy and it seems you've been wearing your seatbelts and brushing your teeth!! Congrats on the baby in the oven. You are such a cute pregnant lady!!!

MegANDustin said...

Hey, hey! I found your blog through Bonnie and am so happy to see that you're doing so well! And congratulations on the pregnancy :)

Ashleigh said...

Katie...even though I finally got a new bed I can't sleep. So my normal bed time of 9:30 isn't really happening tonight, but I must admit I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm a little jealous of the leopard pants. I hope you had fun at your little shower today because just watching you makes me happy. I'm so excited for you. I'll miss you lots next year though. Sorry this is random...I should get back to bed. Good night!