CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ticket to Hollywood

Yesterday, I had to present my culminating thesis project to a committe of professors. Essentially, my educational fate was in the hand's of these people. For a split second, I felt like I was in the try-outs for American Idol waiting for them to tell me if I made it to Hollywood or not. Granted my presentation was not any performance that would capture or hold America's attention on national television, the good news is... I made it! It was a case study project, so I reported on the treatment that I have done with two of my students who have autism. Although poor Rode had to suffer through more than a few practice runs of the presenation, he was supportive and helpful, and most of all patient when I was irrationally bossy the night before. I made it through the presentation just fine, with only one break for water in order to prevent a fainting spell (one of these days I will post the story of why Katie should take breaks to prevent fainting spells when giving talks and presentations). It was nice to have a stamp of approval from professors that I respect and to have accomplished something that I have been anticipating for a long time. I feel extremely grateful for all of the help I have had along the way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations.

kanewoman said...

So glad I wasn't there. All you needed was your mom rushing to your rescue when you started to get lightheaded...
I love you, thanks for the laughs!And most of all - CONGRATULATIONS on your TICKET TO HOLLYWOOD!

Bonnie and Ben Kacher said...

I honestly miss you so much. Everyone needs a Katie Kane in their life. Just remembering when you told the story of your homecoming talk makes me laugh out loud. You're my hero!

When we finish our masters we should have a party to celebrate our smartness!!!!

Cindi said...

Congratulations! I am sure you were wonderful.