CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Primary Pick-of-the-Week: Justin

I've decided that Primary is one of the best places to spend time at church. Kids are just downright funny, without even trying. And so, every Sunday I am going to share my Primary pick-of-the-week. Basically, the funniest kid for that week takes the prize. This week, the award goes to Justin, the round-faced, dark haired, speak-what's-on-his-mind boy.

The Bishop had come to share a thought with the kids about Easter. He was talking about how Heavenly Father wants us to think about the Savior on Easter. "But who does Satan NOT want us to think about?" he asked. "Jesus" the kids cried. Well, all this talk about Satan got little Justin thinking. Out of nowhere, we hear Justin tell us how it really is... "Satan is a LIAR!" It caught the Bishop a little off guard but he echoed Justin's thoughts, "Yes, Satan is a liar." Time passed and Bishop shared his testimony of the Resurrection. His dad died many years ago but he feels grateful that he will be able to see him again. Once again, Justin was taking this all in, perhaps considering his own family members who have died. Then, he remembered one who was still around and notably so... "My grandma is 101 years old!" he said. Bishop: "Wow. She too will pass through that experience of death sometime soon." Then Justin chimes in as if completely oblivious to the Bishop's comment, "Yeah, and she STILL won't die." Apparently, he has great faith in his grandma's invincibility. I mean, she has made it this far, right?! Bishop reassured him his grandma would die one of these days, but I just don't know if he believed it. I just had to chuckle. What else goes through this kid's mind in a day, that he somehow manages to hold back? I wish I knew because I am pretty sure it would keep me laughing all week long.

P.S. This isn't REALLY Justin's grandma, but maybe she has been given the same age-defying power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was very entertaining. We were sung to by the knee-highs today and it was fantastic!