CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Voice

Last Sunday, a man stood to bear his testimony. He got to the podium and was fidgeting with something in his hands. Moments later, a computerized voice came from a palm pilot, saying... "I would like to bear my testimony..." A beautiful testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was shared as the man stood there holding the small speaking device up to the microphone. Throughout the rest of the meeting, we learned that this man, had at some point lost the use of his voice, and had just downloaded this speaking device a few weeks prior. The first thing he told his family when he got it was "I am going to bear my testimony this Sunday." What an example of courage and testimony! If only those of us who have the use of our voices were this eager to stand and share. It makes me grateful for modern technology, it makes me grateful for my profession, and it makes me grateful for good examples!

2 comments:

The Huffakers said...

thanks a lot!! Now I HAVE to bear my testimony next month. Honestly that is a really great story. Tyler asks me every month if I will go up and bear my testimony, and i never do. Isnt that silly? Thanks for sharing that uplifting story.

Aust and Megs said...

This was an amazing story it gave me cold chills I bet that was a very powerful thing to witness!