CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

"Sometimes, Chancho, when you are a man, you wear estretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."
This was a memorable Halloween! We were invited to a costume party at some friends' house. When I came home from work at 3pm, we still had no plans in place for my and Rode's costumes. We had Liv's "Waldo" costume all ready- that was a stroke of ingenuity the other day when she wore this red and white striped onesie to church. Add some blue pants, a hat with a red pom-pom, and some black glasses made out of quality pipe cleaners and you get "Where's Waldo?". It was hilarious... when we first got her dressed, she just laughed and laughed (a real person laugh, the kind I am in love with but that we rarely hear), which made Rode and I laugh, eventually spiraling into Rode clown laughing and me crying... all of which took place while Rode was wearing this...
... maybe that is what she was laughing at! The ridiculous thing is that I was able to round up a tourquoise pair of pants, large red underpants, and red tights all within Heber city limits. I learned a valuable lesson... never underestimate the power of Kings (the local retailer of choice that somehow gives you the feeling of stepping into the movie "Napolean Dynamite" as soon as you walk through the doors) and Family Dollar. Oh, and Mama Pedersen's "Mary Poppins bag" of anything you could possibly need for a costume. In fact, she supplied almost all of Heather and Denver's costumes made up of clothes from the early 90's. Good thing she has kept all of those classic outfits her daughters wore in their teen years. Yes!

Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris... Saved by the Bell!

NAAAACCCHHOOOOOO, Sister Encarnacion, and Waldo

10 comments:

April said...

Great costumes Katie! You guys all look awesome!

rachel and brady said...

I love the Nacho Libre idea! You guys look so awesome! And little Waldo is too cute!

The Bostons said...

I laughed hysterically! I love the Nacho Libre. Sooooo funny! And the Waldo costume is so cute on Olivia. Also, good job reusing the dress from Hez's wedding... I can't fit into mine presently.

Luke and Kellie said...

Those costumes are hilarious! Good Job!

Heidi said...

I'm still laughing at you two making your grand entrance. Too funny!

Cindi said...

Awesome costumes--so brave.

Annalisa and Vance said...

Love her outfit!

Lynnie said...

Hi Katie! I found your blog through Hezzie's. I was Encarnacion for Halloween too! Congrats on the wee one. LOVE YOU!

Mike and Ariane said...

Love the costumes!

rex said...

LOL, o my gosh i showed this to dustin and i thought i was goiong to have to pick him up off the floor he was laughin so hard its a good thing his rails were up on his bed :-) LOL love you guys ttyl