CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Makayla's Baptism

Saturday morning, our neice Makayla got baptized! She asked Rode to perform the baptism and confirmation. It is always nice when Rode has the chance to be part of these special times in his family member's lives. We are so happy for her! She is such a sweet girl and will be a great strength to her family.
Makayla with her dad and brothers

Makayla and Rode

Makayla with Rode's parents

Following Makayla's baptism, I went to Provo to take the Praxis exam. I will know in 4 weeks how I did. This is the test that I have to pass in order to recieve my national certification in SLP. That afternoon, Rode went to the baptism of one of his coworkers, Manolo and his wife. He said it was a VERY neat experience. The whole baptism was in spanish. One of the owners of the company, Paul, who works alongside Manolo and has been a big part in sharing the gospel with him performed the baptism. It was obviously a very sacred and happy time for both of them. Rode said when Manolo came up out of the water, Paul and he hugged and wept. It makes me think of the scripture: "And if it so be that you should... bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" (D&C 18:15) What a neat experience to be part of. Manolo and his family are wonderful people- I am so glad their family has been blessed with the gospel.

Following my test, I went to Kristin Anstead's sealing at the Mt. Timpanogas temple. She looked absolutely beautiful and I am certain she has married her perfect match. Kristin is one of the most thoughtful and kind people that I know, and from what I can tell, Cam is just like her. I am so happy she has found such a good man! Watching two good people get married makes me think about the day Rode and I got married. Every day I am grateful that I made that decision. Rode is a good man and I love him more all of the time!

1 comment:

Ty and Mari said...

Sounds like you are trying to get this baby here with all of the stuff you have been too!