CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Rodester!


All of our posts lately seem to be about me and the baby, so here is a little tribute to Rode and all of his recent accomplishments and happenings...

He was accepted to the University of Utah, and is taking a surveying class there this summer. He is working on his degree in civil engineering.

He has successfully moved multiple pieces of furniture in and out of our awkardly positioned basement apartment all by himself.

He is a wonderful brother-in-law to my sisters and always lets us hang out as much as we want.

He has mastered the deep pressure back massage, as well appropriate techniques to avoid saying or doing anything that would upset a sometimes irrational pregnant wife.

He had a great review at work and got a raise. Hooray!

He finally bought himself a big screen tv that he has been saving up for for months. In between homework, work, and moving furniture, he has found the time for some of his passions: playing video games and watching movies.

He does the dishes on a regular basis, which makes me extremely grateful.

He just found a new shortcut on his calculator for doing his surveying homework, which is very exciting for him!

He is a great uncle. In fact, his niece included a special thank you to him at her graduation for always helping her with homework over the phone.

He can fix just about any computer problem, and is now officially the head of the IT department at his company.

Rode has had a very successful summer so far and is a wonderful husband. I can't wait to see him with our new baby- I am certain he will just love her dearly. I am a lucky woman to have found such a patient, kind man!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rode, and you for landing a good hubby. My parents will support his choice for the U since that's where they went and met.

The Bostons said...

We sure do love Rode! He is perfect for Katie, and we are glad he is in our family. This was a great post. Congrats on the promotion.

kanewoman said...

I am so relieved to hear about that promotion. You are well on your way to that big house you are going to buy for us! We love you Rode and you are the perfect fit for Katie and for our family.

Hez said...

I thought maybe I should leave a comment too since everyone else in the family did... It's so true everything wonderful about Rode!! And he is a FANTASTIC brother in law! Good job Katie... you picked a studmuffin!

Aust and Megs said...

YEAH RODE YOU'RE AMAZING!!The Mcfee 3 think you both are!!

rachel and brady said...

Hey Katie, I just wanted to ask you how sunday went with Garth's mom teaching my class ?? I hope it went well for her, I think they'd be good to call as the new teachers. Anyway, hope all is well. You're probably so ready to have that baby, huh?! Just let me know what the scoop is with the primary kids. Thanks! Talk to ya soon.